Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Riders of Rohan Forum Index -> Public Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartros

re: Helm's Deep and the pursuit of Level 95

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT AND TURBINE ANNOUNCE THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: HELM’S DEEP™
The Fifth Expansion to the Critically-Acclaimed MMO Launches in Fall 2013

THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE: HELM’S DEEP FEATURES:

Experience the Battle for Helm’s Deep – Fight to defend Helm’s Deep starting at level 10, as your character enlists as a soldier in the Battle of the Hornburg, the most massive conflict yet in The Lord of the Rings Online. Earn rewards for your contribution to the war effort – win or lose, your aid makes a difference!

Explore new landscapes across Western Rohan - Explore the Westemnet of Rohan and rally each of the five Ridings as Rohan returns to glory. Traverse the capital of Edoras, mysterious Dunharrow, and the fortress of the Hornburg, deep within Helm’s Deep.

Advance from levels 85 to 95 - Experience 10 new levels, from 85 to 95, with new skills and completely updated class specializations. Both mounted and un-mounted combat will challenge you as you war against the evil of Saruman.

Continue the Epic Story - Encounter beloved characters such as Aragorn, Éowyn, and Éomer. Restore King Théoden to his rightful lordship and defend the peoples of Rohan at Helm’s Deep.
Penglad
Penglad

There went all your hard work.
MacMerkin
Kinship Leader

It does kind of give the feeling of grinding for nothing. Were expansions always yearly?
Thorr Thunderblade
Executive Officer

MacMerkin wrote:
It does kind of give the feeling of grinding for nothing. Were expansions always yearly?

Ehh...not quite that often. After F2P came about the frequency increased. To me the problem is not the content frequency. That should increase imo. The problem is the LOTRO gear system and the gear frequency. IMO we should only get maybe one new set of top level gear every blue moon. Or one new set every other expansion maybe. But all the end game gear should have lots of different paths for upgrading and tweaking over time through various methods. That way, the gear grows with you instead of becoming obsolete. Almost like legendary gear...that type of concept at least. In reality, its just a different type of grind but it would "feel" less like grinding gear that will become obsolete within 6 months or less.

Just my two cents...
Leolelotholin

Is helms deep for free when i already bought rohan? confused

Sadly Leo it will very likely not be free.
Penglad
Penglad

Wow--even the forum is dead.
MacMerkin
Kinship Leader

Peng it is certainly the most quiet I have ever seen it. Glff trolls have even been quiet. Pugging looks to be at the lowest I have seen as well. About the only place to find action is the moors, but there are some nights that we are just feeding the creeps if no one will lead a raid.
Penglad
Penglad

You should lead a raid, Mac! But if you do, make sure to tell us in kinchat so we can drop what we're doing and run with you!

I think the most important part of leading a freep raid out in the Moors is a positive attitude--since it always seems like half the raid hares off after some greenie they found like a bunch of monkeys that have just spotted an unattended football they want to--

You get the idea.
MacMerkin
Kinship Leader

Peng!!! That is delightful imagery. In fact I was so entertained that I had to log in again this morning and read it again. It is sooooooo accurate to the current state on the moors. A Troop of monkeys running around chasing a football with a special glint in their eyes.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Riders of Rohan Forum Index -> Public Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: